Monday, January 28, 2008

I almost forgot how obnoxious it's been!

I just finished listening to/watching the State of the Union address...

President Bush proposed nothing interesting, his rhythm was stuttered, and he offered nothing inspiring in terms of eloquence and leadership. It reminded me of how embarrassing his presidency has been, especially when juxtaposed with the constant coverage of the democratic primaries and their message of "change." I can just imagine how glorious it will be when a presidential speech evokes hope and personal responsibility and unity of all Americans! Besides his policies, record, and dedication, I would love to have Barack Obama in the White House just to hear him speak and effectively end the legacy of stupidity (whether true or effected) force-fed to our country for the past two terms. The goosebumps of good speech-writing haven't been felt for so long; I only want to yell at him, berate him for tired colloquialisms and sentence structure (and, of course, for still talking about "the war on terror"). I'm so determined to be involved this year in the primary process. It's so important, if only to make Americans engaged and proud once again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like you, I usually get annoyed when I listen to Bush talk, but this time I thought he was kind of funny. Even though I totally disagree with his sentiment, I couldn't help but laugh when he said "Some people want to pay higher taxes, and I welcome their enthusiasm; I've been told that the IRS accepts checks and money orders." Only a true tax geek would find that funny.