Friday, July 15, 2005

I finished two summer courses yesterday! It's so exciting that I'm almost done with my Masters. Well, I need to teach for a year and then come back and take a few more credit hours, but I'm done with my requirements and I'll get my teaching license in August (hopefully!) I can't believe I've only been here for a little more than a year...it feels like forever, much longer than college. I might treat myself to a random vacation next month. Hmm...where can one go with no money? Probably anywhere my parents are willing to go:)

I've started listening to some world music, which I've always hated. But this isn't technically world music in my mind because it's in Spanish and it's very bossa nova/techno and tango-ish. That's a strange combination, but it's so good!
Here are my favorites:
"Postales"
"Ante Tus Ojos"
"Esta Noche"
"Contigo"
by Federico Aubele

"Santa Maria"
"Queremos Paz"
"Una Música Brutal"
"Vuelvo al Sur"
by Gotan Project

I love it! So summertime.

My big plans for tonight are to go see a movie (maybe) and make multi-colored/sprinkled cupcakes. I'm going to experiment with mini-muffins too.

I promise, to anyone who reads this and wonders what my plans are, that I will tell everyone as soon as I get a job! My mom calls everyday and asks about it in a different way, to mix things up while simultaneouly driving me crazy. I have no motivation to keep my future a secret;) Honestly.

No comments: