Friday, July 08, 2005

yay. it's friday.

I just finished my last assigment due this week (at 10:50pm). My days are quite longish. I can't believe it's July- I completely missed the 4th of July! Oh well.

I only have one more week of my morning class...then I can sleep in and start running again! I'm super excited. I really need some endorphines.

Today is my last day of housesitting, too. I'll miss Jessie black dog so much- she's the sweetest old dog in the world. I'll also really miss comedy central and E!, but it's probably better that I don't have them:)

Tomorrow, I'm going to go run around and visit all the local yard sales. If I see something I like, I'm going to buy it and come back later! I'm really enthusiastic about this plan, as you see.

In other non-news, I don't have a job. And I'm supposed to move out of my apartment at the end of July. I'm really trying not to dwell on those thoughts, because I could go crazy.

I'm so sad and sorry for the British people. They stood up to terrorism with so much dignity before, even though the global networks hadn't yet targeted them (although the IRA had, but that must invoke different emotions). I'm praying that the G-8 will have the strength to still address the previous issues of discussion with the same goals- that is one way of succeeding over the terrorists.

I wonder, though, what would happen if it was discovered that the attacks had nothing to do with Al Qaeda or islamic radicals? I think sometimes we want to create an enemy instead of owning up to societal injustice which perpetuates acts of hatred. If we really wanted to make a comprehensive enemy to fight, we could just start a war against "bad things." That would be equally vague and difficult to contain. And then I could feel justified in hating bugs :)

No comments: