Monday, July 19, 2004

yes! I just dropped EDHD 5003, which means that I have three classes, from 12:20-4:30 Mon-Thurs and one on Friday morning. This will be so much better...I'll have time to think and maybe visit my cousins during the week. I am such a happy camper:)

Last Friday I went to the new IKEA superstore next to the Mall of America. There were literally thousands of people there! It's so amazing- the store is set up like a museum, with only one path for going through. There are hundreds of rooms set up with the furniture arrangements and you just write down the aisle and bin number of what you like and then pick it up at the end of the "tour." I bought beautiful $5 curtains, a fancy cheese grater, heart-shaped ice cube trays, and a book shelf and tv unit. I wore my flip-flops and I have no upper-body strength, so picking up my furniture in the warehouse alone was super-hilarious for people watching me, I'm sure! I kept sliding across the floor while pushing the dolly. Then I had to wait in the check-out line for an hour, but the cutest kids in front of me sat on my dolly too and we all played games on my cell phone. I also got cable this weekend, so once I get dsl on Friday, everything will start to be easier.

I went running on Saturday and somehow found Paul Wellstone's grave (which my Aunt hadn't been able to find all year). I guess I don't know very much about his campaign, but I remember John Edwards saying that he was a great champion for the underdogs of society. I hope the Kerry/Edwards presidency can do that too, especially for the public education system. As a future teacher studying the Minnesota Standards for Education required by No Child Left Behind, it seems like the program is mismanaged and underfunded.

I hope everyone has a good week.
Top upcoming thing to look forward to: The Olympics in three weeks!!

No comments: