Saturday, December 18, 2004

The New York Times had an editorial today that said that there are no Christmas songs for this generation (or any generation after the 1940's). Excuse me? There are so many that I love!! Here's a list of my favorite Christmas songs (post-Greatest Generation):
"Maybe this Christmas" by Ron Sexsmith
"Happy Christmas (War is Over)" by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
"Christmas Don't be Late" the Chipmunks
"Step into Christmas" by Elton John
"Do they know it's Christmastime?" by Band-aid
"Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano
"Last Christmas" by Wham, rerecorded by Jimmy Eat World (which I like better)
"Donde esta Santa Claus" by Guster
"Just like Christmas" by Low

Add your favorite song to my list below, please, and I will recommend that you not receive coal (I have connections).

Now, my cousin Maria has something to add:
Maria Louise maria mom dad dog (her typing)

(Her message to you):
Dear friends,
I am Nicole's cousin. I am 5. My name is Maria. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I just thought of a few more:
"River" by Joni Mitchell
"Christmas is Going to the Dogs" by the Eels
"Tennessee Christmas" by Amy Grant

Two songs which will absolutely not be included in my list are...
"My wish" by Britney Spears
"All I want for Christmas is you" by Mariah Carey

Gag me with a candy cane.

Mike said...

I love "Do they know it's Christmas" by Band Aid ... but since that's already on your list, I'll have to go with a punk version of Little Drummer Boy I heard.