Sunday, February 20, 2005

Daddy Warbucks visited this weekend. He came up for St. Olaf's Father/Son dinner last night, but he stayed at my apartment on Thursday and Friday night. Whenever he comes, all I do is eat! It's an excuse to go to a restaurant where they have paper napkins. We also went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, which is so beautiful. While we were walking around one of the atriums, we started listening to a tour guide describing a roman statue in the middle of the room. She said "You don't see many men that are this muscular these days...well, actually, my son looks just like this...mind you, it's been a while since I've seen him without his shorts..." We couldn't stop laughing, so we had to walk away really fast.

Other updates:
*I think that I'll survive the last two weeks of teaching high school ESL. On Thursday afternoon, my teacher said, "obviously we have a lot of communication problems" and I said "yeah, I agree" and she thought that was funny. Oh well, maybe she won't patronize me or email my supervisor to tell her that "Miss Walters is flashing the students" anymore (which she did and I called her on it...any normally compassionate human being would tell another person about a wardrobe issue, right?)

*My cat spend at least 8 hours a day sleeping in my bathroom sink. It's so cute.

*My new study spot is Panera Bread (called St. Louis Bread Co. in MO). They have free wireless internet. Free!

*"Just the Two of Us" by Will Smith is the sweetest rap song (I'm using it in my music unit at school, also because it's impossible to find rap songs that only need a few bleeps).

*I'm exicted about going to see Keane on Monday night with John!

No comments: