Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tucson
I've been in Arizona since Saturday and it's really the nice, warm break that I needed. Although, I'm getting a little bit tired of my grandparents' sleeping habits (wake up at 5am, nap for an hour after lunch, and in bed by 9pm). I love my grandparents so much, but they're suddenly seeming older than they ever used to. And it's natural and I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does...it's making me kind of moody (could we debate the name of the restaurant you ate at 30 years ago for another hour, please?), so I'm going to go explore the city today on my own :)

I miss hugable vegetation down here...I don't think I could ever really bond with a place where you can never venture off the path and the plants are purely decorative. I grew up as a barefoot tree-climber!

I'm still debating what my career path will be. I think I could remain in the teaching field if I also spent more time writing and publishing about teaching- and possibly attending conferences in exotic locales! It seems like everyone my age is asking the same questions and has the same fears of stagnation and missed opportunities. My comfort is that my parents begin new endeavors every year or so- and then abandon them just as quickly- and they are always completely random (mosaic-making? Jujitzu? Hospital ministry?) Their fall-back plan, if they ever feel too routinzed if their city life, is to travel across the U.S.A. on a harley, with my mom driving, just to mix things up :)

I think I want to go to more shows this Spring...suggestions?

No comments: