Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the tribulations of my day...
my grandpa took me to edward jones this morning to manage my investing. i learned that there is absolutely no way i can invest now, since my loans are so overwhelming. well, yes, i knew that, and it's not much fun to have someone give you a pity look. so i almost broke down in my broker's office and then lost it while driving my grandpa home. but i finally realized that i am so much luckier than many people...for example, i had surgery in march, which cost $15,000, and my health insurance covered it all! plus, although it was probably a mistake not to, i didn't have to work this summer and i still got paid. and someday i'll be out of debt. my only monetary goal, which was so difficult to discern when i was asked this morning, is to be able to send my children to any college they want to attend and to take care of them when they make mistakes with money, like my parents did for me. while i still thinks it's essential to find a career that you love regardless of the paycheck, i've learned my lesson that you need to be aware of money, where it's going, and how to be smart about it. i really should have gotten a scholarship for graduate school! i lived on loans for 17 months, while also paying out-of-state tuition. silly me.

anyway, i'm so excited to get ready to start work again! i've got all of my organization ideas in place and i just need to get my class lists and hit up office max. i'm giddy as a school girl about school supplies! i'm going to buy a ton of clear plastic three-ring insert pockets. i also bought a 4-ft. diameter blow-up globe (apparently from a brad paisely video) on ebay. it's going to hand from the ceiling in my classroom!! i also have my class blog set up, my class website updated, and a webquest about angkor wat for my students. i want to be super prepared so that i can have a social life this school year!

i'm so tired from running around the lakes, so i'm not going to use caps. deal with it:)

No comments: