Thursday, November 11, 2004

Hilarious stories of a kindergarten teacher approaching insanity...
the kids have been pretty squirrely lately (that IS the technical term we use), so my cooperating teacher put mini-carpet squares into place. That means that all throughout my calendar lesson, the kids are sliding around on their squares. Then I asked all of the kids to start raising their hands when they have something to say (instead of yelling "Teacher, teacher, TEACHER!" constantly). So now they all continually raise their hands. They offer intriguing comments like:
"Teacher- purple."
"Nobember!"
"Teacher, you forgot (activity I'm about to start)"-- this comment comes every few minutes from one student, to the extent that I started telling him that I have a list and I know what's next.
"Teacher, mumble mumble mumble, smile."
Or my favorite...
(silence for twenty seconds).

On top of the fact that these adorable kids are driving me crazy, I've had the most gross cold for the past week. I feel so horrible when I cough and sneeze all day around the students (even though I use the elbow cover) and my voice has been getting really nasal.

No comments: