Sunday, April 10, 2005

A Research Study on 20-Something Attendance of Episcopal Churches in the Twin Cities Area
by Nicole W.

Over the past nine months, I have done an extensive study of the number of 20-somethings attending local Episcopal churches. The results are shocking (yeah, right.) After going to five churches, looking for 20-somethings, enquiring about young adult groups, attending those groups, and trying to guess at the members' actual ages (those lying thirty-somethings, honestly), I have come to the conclusion that there is a third dimension sucking up Episcopalians who are my age. Well, that or every single one has abandoned the church between the time when they're forced to go with their parents and they feel guilty if they don't take their own children. I am sick and tired of being the only person between the ages of 15 and 40 at church! I miss my old Episcopal Campus Ministry. I had honestly started to believe that there was a decent population of intelligent, handsome, and kind Episopalian guys in this country- and that I would have girlfriends to sit and chat with during services. I was tricked. The world outside of a small portion of Forsythe street in St. Louis, MO is sparsely populated with Episcopalians who grew up in the late-80s/early 90s. Maybe we are lost in the wilderness of the aged Anglican church as a whole. Or maybe, just maybe, I am the only one who wasn't sucked into the black hole of 20-something Episcopalians. My research continues...

1 comment:

Hector Flores said...

Well, that's not usually what people look in the church. But you can find them in other churches.

Be happy.