Wednesday, November 08, 2006


Democrats won the house and senate!!

I'm so excited...I was listening to Bob Dylan, because there was actually that spirit of change this fall, and it's actually happening now:)

It's much harder to be such a little pessimist.
I've been having a hard week at work. My dad advised me this morning to find a different job and I agreed (for about 5 minutes). Some days there is so much bureaucracy that the feeling of futility is overwhelming. We were supposed to have a 1/2 day meeting, and I prepared for it, and was about to leave, when the leader realized she had forgotten to tell me it was cancelled! But at the same time, whenever I feel this way, something at school makes me remember how rewarding teaching can be.

This morning, I sent an email to my team of colleagues, explaining what I've been teaching...some people had no idea what I did! And their feedback was so nice. I also got lots of random hugs today! Most of them were from students who I only ever see in the hall, which is funny. We also learned that we're probably getting a new teacher. I also solved the mystery of why one student likes to cut up his math
tests. His teacher couldn't figure it out, and he had completely shut down, so I started asking him in Spanish, encouraging him not to cut his homework to bits, too. And he stopped. Then 5 minutes later, he poked me and said, "I cut when I don't know how to do math." A-ha!

Tomorrow, we have conferences during the morning, then I have the afternoon and Friday off from work. I definitely need a break. I'm going to start packing, do a lot of yoga, and relax.


Here's a beautiful painting by my favorite artist, Paul Klee, to make your day more relaxing, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul Klee is my favorite artist too! I hope you enjoy your time off.