Monday, November 27, 2006

I need some perspective
This post is dedicated to the fact that I have been giving myself stress headaches for the past week and it needs to stop. So please forgive all the obviousness.
1. Moving isn't that bad...at least there shouldn't be bugs in my bed anymore. And I will have a balcony. I'm a lucky girl.
2. Work isn't so hard...when I run out of steam, there's always reviewing, right? There is no shame, or shouldn't be, for admitting that I am running out of time this week and having them read for comprehension or do a webquest online. I can't be Mary Poppins every single day, especially since the color printer wasn't working this morning so I was forced to reenact the Boston Tea Party by myself...slightly humiliating.
3. Signing up for extra work is not masochism...it's just more fun! I already love my Destination Imagination team. It is such a relief and amazingly fun to talk to kids who can speak English! I told them a pun (punster that I am) and they got it:) What smarties they are. We have a "camraderie signal," which is my contribution to the team since I can effectively no longer provide any advice. It's the ASL sign for imagination and then we touch pinkies (in the "i" sign) as though we're combining the imaginations to create maximum imagination potential! And they were afraid it might be mistaken for a gang sign. No gang would do something with so many loops.
4. My mother is not a stressor. Well, this week she is, but she hasn't been in the past, so that's lucky.
5.My current lack of boyfriend can't stress me out. I have options now,choices...but no more blind dates ever! My current success rate of blind dates is about 10%.

1 comment:

Mike said...

You've got my prayers, Nicole. Hope the new place is great.

Hey -- I'm coming back to Minneapolis in early February, we'll have to get together!