Sunday, November 05, 2006

Mi casa es su casa
I finally found an amazing new apartment! I put a deposit down yesterday. It's so clean, beautiful, sunny, and big...plus, there won't be bugs marching across my face every night, because it's on the fourth floor! I also have a balcony that looks all the way down Hennepin. The manager said it's good for barbequing. Ha. It will probably be my tanning balcony/place for drying clothes since I might not want to walk all the way down to the basement!

I'm so excited to have all my friends over to see it. That won't happen until the first weekend in December, when we'll have the "Big Chill" unpacking party (though no drugs will be used, and no one will lend out their husband to impregnate someone else- I hated that part!) But it's going to be so much more fun to have people over, since it's bigger and less sketchy. And Chipotle is right across the street!

So this month will be lots of packing and preparing for the move. I'm also going to start coaching Destination Imagination at my school, which is an incredibly organized and detailed (and time-consuming) endeavor. I hope it will be as fun as I'm expecting, though! I'm looking forward to working with students who are able to express themselves well in English.

Finally, in this little update, I've become a yoga fanatic. I always thought that yoga was all ooming and stretching, but it's actually such a hard workout! Especially the sculpting class, when we use 5 pound weights and workout in a room that's 80 degrees!! It's so amazing...I love it. I have my physical therapy next week, too, so hopefully I can start running again soon.

No comments: