Monday, December 04, 2006

I moved into my new apartment on Saturday...this weekend felt like at least seven days! I packed for all of Friday (after taking an unpaid day off from work) and picked up my mom from the airport. We went out to dinner at Fujiya with my aunts and cousins; the food there is amazing! I had a sashimi salad and miso soup, both delicious, and my mom had philly rolls, which have cream cheese inside. Their presentation is so beautiful, there, too. It's sad that I can't afford to go there when I'm not being treated.

I couldn't sleep at all on Friday night because I was so nervous about the move, so I did even more packing and took all of the light boxes out to my car. This weekend was the first absolutely freezing weather we've had in Minnesota, which made the whole move more difficult...it was 5 degrees for my poor movers :(

When the movers arrived at my new apartment, I realized that the back stairs are actually exterior and the back hallway is only about 3 feet wide. So I asked if any of the movers wanted my couch! They did (it was plaid and v. nice) but now I'm sans couch and need to save up for a futon.

On Saturday afternoon, my grandparents arrived in Edina and we all gathered to see them. Then I went home to unpack some more. I LOVE my new apartment because it's so much more homey and pretty, with its view of Uptown, hardwood floors, and 14 foot ceilings. Of course, the boxes everywhere are stressing me a bit, because I can't find much, but it's also made me realize how little I need. My cellphone is an alarm clock, my mom bought me new bedding, and popcorn is an all-the-time snack. So I actually have been putting off unpacking, which is bad, but necessary so I can focus on this week at work. I guess it will happen gradually, but I'm also going to invite friends over for an unpacking party sometime this weekend.

Lastly, there are 54 steps to get to my apartment. It's going to be such a good workout, living there:)

No comments: