Saturday, December 23, 2006

Vacation
I had such a crazy week at work! The tension was finally eased by tons of sugar and the promise of a week away from the screams of hyper kids. I received the most adorable and random gifts from my students:
*a purple lei
*a photo from 6th birthday in a foam frame
*some super-glitzy diamonte dangly earrings (which I'm going to rock on New Year's Eve!)
*a painted gingerbread house
*Elizabeth Arden 5th Ave. gift set, including lotion, perfume, and body wash
*huge box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates, my absolute favorite:)

I really can't believe that Christmas is in two days. I've had no preparation time, which is my favorite part. I'm going to overload myself on cheesy Christmas music all day long, when I'm not busy watching "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (herbie wants to be a dentist!) and "The Christmas Story." There was a profile of Sufjan Steven's Christmas album on NPR yesterday, and the reviewer totally picked my favorite song as his, the one about the elf dance. Now if only my iTunes wasn't doing some weird rewriting thing that crashes my computer...does anyone know how to fix that? Maybe I'll visit the boys of the Genius Bar.

Happy Holidays, everyone! Oh, and if you're in the cities, stop by my pre-New Year's Eve party...I'm going to be making layered mixed drinks and finally, the mini-croque monsieurs! The view of the top of Chipotle is pretty sweet, too :)

Here's a pic from Joe's holiday party.

1 comment:

Katty said...

I totally know what you mean about missing out on the preparations. I feel the same way! Anyways, Merry Christmas and (well now more appropriately) Happy New Year!