Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

I've had so much fun this weekend...honestly, it was the perfect introduction to summer. On Friday night I went to the Radio K listener appreciation show, which I feel I deserved to be at for two reasons, even though I didn't have a supporter card:
1) I supported them even when I didn't listen
2) It's now #6 on my car radio, which, although it sounds like an unappreciated placement, is actually prime button property, since it's where I hit first (without looking) as I speed down the highway to work.

On Saturday I can't remember what I did. Oh, right. I woke up at 7 a.m. and did all my organization work for school, then walked up and down all of Nicollet all afternoon searching for candy from around the world. This whole week all my students will do is a pinata project involving international candy, so it was an essential errand. However, it's impossible to find African candy. I even hit the local Somali "mall" (the best place to find long dresses), but all I ended up with was a huge box of Saudi Arabian chewing gum, which I think is supercool anyway. That evening, I drove to a friend's family's house in the suburbans to hang out and eat cake:)

On Sunday, I went to early church with my grandma in Edina, but the church had a very different demographic than mine and wasn't as warm and welcoming. After that, I met my friends (and more of their friends) for brunch at Maria's, which is a pretty good brunch spot, but no Barbette:) French fries beat burritos in any taste test. Then I went back to my apartment and whipped myself into a cleaning frenzy! I cleaned everything, plus finally found the elusive technique to get my wood floors clean: it turns out is a vacuum, swiffer wet-jet, vacuum pattern that catches the elusive cat hair.

Then I spent Sunday night in NE Minneapolis, at a house where one of my friends was housesitting. All of my friends grilled out, talked, drank, and spent the night. Then in the morning, I actually turned into my mother, got up early, and got coffee for everyone (which is exactly what she always does- and I did it too, even though it drives me crazy!) I also realized that my parents would love living in NE. The new Lunds is so beautiful;) Plus, there's so much to walk to, and so much going on...and if my dad needs his skyway fix, the city is very close. Now I'm at my twin cousins' 4th birthday party; I can't believe they're that old!

Anyway, I have four more days of teaching this school year! I'm so exciting to have a relaxing, friend-filled (and hopefully soon to be guy-filled) summer.

No comments: