Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Quick hits:

*Correlation between a drop in barometric pressure and obstreperous students: it's true! They're crazy!

*Yesterday, I ran out in the street to retrieve a blind man's shoe that had fallen off. Since I am the clutziest person this side of Mr. Magoo, I always drop things in the streets (especially right before a green light) and have to race around to pick everything up and balance it awkwardly in my arms. Once, it was an entire bag of groceries, including a redbull, which exploded all over me, to the amusement of the first row of cars. I can't imagine how prepared that man must always need to be to simply get by.

*The most romantic song I've ever heard is this.

*I can't wait to have the summer off. I desperately want to work on my writing, but I need huge blocks of time to sit, read it aloud, check and double check, etc. And all the researching! Yay! I'm going to bring back the ever-ready notecards and re-establish my amazing organizational system. Look out Starbucks:)

*7 more days of teaching! My brother is definitely going to be a coerced volunteer at track and field day.

*The first annual lock-out! You know what it is. But, it needs to happen soon, like this weekend or next, when we're all still fresh and happy. I think some of the night should include the skyways, because I've been there before and it's eerie...like the ghosts of accountants are walking the halls.

*I LOVE running. I went for a run yesterday and counted off the feelings I missed: the wind on my face, the sense of freedom, smiling at depressed corporate cronies and children, speedy window shopping, the dehydration shivers! I missed it all, so I'm going to take up my running routine from less summer, only less rigorous. I'm going to do yoga 3-5 days per week and run two days. I hope that keeps my shin splits at bay.






No comments: