Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I'm in such a place of stagnation! I must get a job. Something needs to happen soon or I may end up at starbucks (which means I would be caffeinated at all time). Say a little prayer for me...to get a job:)

I really don't like the David Letterman show. I just realized that almost all the humor is based on force-feeding the audience with simple people and simple stories- there's only so long that pretending that borning things are funny can be funny. Then it's just boring! I love the Leno show;) Did anyone see Sinbad tonight? I love the movie House Guest. It's hilarious.

I love red bull. Drinking a sugar free red bull is just like getting a fat free vanilla latte, but much cheaper. I feel like a young starlet drinking it anyway- like it's somehow dangerous. Even though it really isn't.

Something that amazes me is that one of my education professors is such an unstuctured teacher. Honestly.

I'm reading "The Perfectionist" by Rudolph Chelminski, about the rise and fall of Bernard Loiseau, the French chef who took his own life due to the pressure of the career. It's interesting, but really goes into detail about French cooking: when they fry an egg, it should never touch a pan directly over a flame- they cook it in a double boiler, like fondue. There's also info. about the many varieties of fois gras.

If anyone knows more about Scientology, please tell me. I might go take a test just to find out. I'm completely skeptical (and I'm not about to abandon my Epicopalianism:)), but I like to listen to people talking about things I don't believe;) It's like a psychology experiment in differing levels of cynicism and naivete. I went to a self-help seminar once and it was like nails on a chalkboard, but facisnating at the same time! I kept looking around and trying to guess what kind of fulfillment each person was looking for.

Omg, it's so late...Dobranoc! (That's a little bit of Polish for my grandparents).

No comments: