Monday, June 27, 2005

I'm so tired. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. My whole life is up in the air, nothing is certain, and I'm feeling so detached from my life and reality. The professor of my afternoon class announced a group project today that's due next Tuesday that involves reading 3 chapters about adolescent developement and same sex schools, finding 8 additional sources, having an online ongoing reflection with group members, and preparing a comprehensive powerpoint presentation! And it's due the day after the fourth of July. I honestly felt smoke coming out of my ears and I almost started to cry. I know I can do this; Wash U prepared me for project planning. But I can't stand having to do pointless work like this. We could have a test or write a paper, but I don't have time to do another project this week! I have an essay midterm exam on Wednesday and a huge project also due next Tuesday. And none of them are serving a purpose other than to add complexity to the assessment in each class. While I'm doing all of this (I finished my classwork last week at 11pm on Friday night), I have no idea where I'm going to be living in a month, if I'll have a job, how I'll move, and how I'll get my license with all the confusion. It's soooooo frustrating to be in graduate school and still have professors who don't know how to teach! A part of me wishes I could fly home this weekend with my brother, but I just can't because of all the work. There's also a guy who I think is just messing with my mind, which definitely doesn't put me in a better mood. I've been so mean lately- to my friends, my brother, and my cousins. Well, not that mean, but not as nice as I should be. I need a hug.

No comments: