Friday, June 10, 2005

It's completely true that annoying things I have to do expand to fill all my time! Actually, it's probably my fault...I'm getting a little bit lazy.
What I did today:
*work up at 8:30 and immediately thought about how early that was
*babysat for my adorable cousins- we went to Caribou Coffee and checked out cute barrista. Going there with two babies is probably not the best way to pick up a guy;) oh well
*Came home, ate lunch, did laundry
*Filled out online applications for my credential file (I hate bureaucracy!), a job in Maryland, and summer classes
*Drove to campus and spent $222 on 6 books. Only one is hard cover and the one that cost $55 is less than an inch thick
*Rented Barcelona at Hollywood Video- I really like the movie "Metropolitan" by Whit Stillman, but it's so cerebral that it's really not that interesting after a while. Then I stopped at Chipotle (my favorite fast food) for dinner.
*More laundry (my life is so boring & I have so many houseguests)
*Hours applying for jobs online. I worked halfway through an application for jobs in the Round Rock, TX school district, until I realized that I don't really want to live there! (No offense to anyone who might) It's just that it's in the middle-of-nowhere Texas. When I'm so focused on something, I tend to either overcompensate or act impulsively. I may end up someplace really bizarre!

Wow- that's super boring. Sorry if you read it all! I'm beginning to dread the imminent stress of moving. But I can't stay here if I can find a better job elsewhere. The pay scale in Minnesota is horrible and I would have to move out of this apartment anyway. It gives me panic butterflies when I think about my career options, even with all of the training I've had. Hmm...I really should have gotten a business minor, huh? Which isn't to say that financial stability is that important since I love what I'm doing...I'm just worried about money stress and emergencies. I don't even understand all of the tax codes or insurance policies...more fear. I'll be fine, I know- my family is so wonderful at backing me up!

Well, obviously I have tons of time on my hands! My new favorite song is "Fix You" by Coldplay. I wrote an indendiary letter to the editor in response to Jon Pareles' mean article about the band:)

No comments: