Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Big THANK YOU :)
Something wonderful happened yesterday. I got my mail and took it in the car with me as I drove down to St. Olaf with my brother. While we were driving, I opened one of the letters, from my favorite reverend, Rev. Mike. And inside was a letter, letting my know that the Episcopal Campus Ministry Alumni Association had raised money for my students... a lot of money! I started crying, and I kept saying to my brothers "they're so generous" and "that's such an ECM thing to do!" I'm so grateful to all of them, especially since their extremely kind gift will be amazing for my little students:) It will definitely make them feel important and valued to receive the supplies that this gift will provide. And here is a shout out to the reader who saw my post about fancy binders and suggested the fund-raising: Thanks so much, Andrew ;)

Tomorrow is my first day back at work and I have millions of boxes to clear out. The janitors were going to throw out my boxes, since they're all in the hallway, but another teacher told them that they were actually mine and only in the hallway because there's no space for them in my room!

No comments: