Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My First Student Purchase
Today I spent $35 on copies, to use in making a "Word Office" for each of my 45 pull-out students. So tomorrow will include lots of stapling! I also make copies of the first three states my classes will be visiting: Minnesota, Michigan, and Illinois. Tomorrow night, after making a final student list, I'm going to buy those efficient binders that I had my eye on before...they'll be perfect portfolios that my students can use throughout the year and pass on to next year's students.

Tomorrow, I'm going in to finally clean up my classroom in the morning, then I have an iLife seminar in afternoon, an ESL committee meeting, and then I'm going back to school.

Ooh- in our team-building seminar this afternoon, I found out that I'm part Lion, part Beaver. That means that I'm task-oriented, determined, dedicated, take charge, bossy, analytical, a perfectionist, and have a tendency to get stressed out. Then we had to work in groups to "Design on a Dime" another teacher's bulletin board. My group was me and 4 "Golden Retrievers" (i.e. people who like to be told what to do and rarely make decisions). So I took charge and delegated and got made fun of for being "such a lion." Oh well. We're also the ones who get things done! :) Almost all of the teachers are golden retrievers or Otters, which I'm not at all...I guess that's good to know and will help me work better with them.

I'm so excited that I have two parties to go to this week. I'm going to have a social life this year!!

1 comment:

Mike said...

I would think if you put a lion in a room with four golden retrievers the only thing that would happen is dinner. :^)
- MK+