Sunday, August 06, 2006

Likes and Dislikes of the Weekend:)

Dislikes:
1. Blind dates with awkward silences.
2. Blind dates when the person lies about their height by 6 inches, insults his mother, asks me-during a movie- if I've ever done drugs, tells me he has no friends because everyone lies, and shows up 20 minutes late because he lost track of time while browsing for t-shirts in Hot Topic. The one good part was that I drank my wine so fast that I had the courage to ask a hot guy to give me a hug afterwards, to clean the "bad date" karma off me!
3. Williams, Drink, and bars in Uptown that play bad 80's music without irony.
4. Loud, dark bars, when I can't hear my friends...and they won't take my money;)
5. Nightmares. I woke up at 3am last night completely terrified. My arms were over my head, with my wrists together, just like my hands were bound, and I was so irrationally frightened that my muscles wouldn't move for 5 minutes...I just lay there, trying to calm my subconscious down. This is the second time I've had a dream that traumatic in a month. Which is why I'm never allowed to watch a horror movie again, since my mind acculmulates all of the stupid, trite scenes together to frighten me! Last night, the killer rode a motorcycle (or maybe a snowmobile) and chased girls after they left a rural high school after practice in the evening. I was one of them and I tried to hide under the snow, but it found me. That's actually ridiculous, but my body believed it, which was the scary part.

Likes:
1. Ally McBeal...I just remembered that I loved that show, before it got really weird, especially the theme song and the episodes with Robert Downey, Jr.
2. The employees at Sebastian Joe's in Linden Hills...maybe I'll start lesson planning there.
3. Getting paid and not having ALL of the money go to tuition! I bought a ton of watermelon this week and I'm indulging in it all the time now.
4. The diversity in my neighborhood.
5. Capture the flag. I'm going to have a party soon!! I think I need to feel like a kid again before I go back to work and need to pretend to be responsible:)

No comments: