Saturday, September 09, 2006

Where did autumn go?
This week, the weather has changed from swimsuit-hot to jacket-cold. It completely skipped over the warm breezes, light jackets, fall weather that I love so much. This is Halloween weather! Although I'm excited to bring out my long sleeve shirts and sweaters. Really cold fall weather always makes me feel a little bit frightened...like there's something wicked about to happen. It's mysterious and always comforting that I have a warm place to come home to. During my run today, I smelled a fire. I have a fall fantasy of reading Dickens aloud in a cozy library, in my future house, in big leather chairs around a fireplace, with big, engulfing blankets and cups of hot chocolate with Baileys. I'm so hopeful that I'll have that some day:)

No comments: