Saturday, February 03, 2007

I love book questionnaires!

1. One book that changed your life:
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith. The main character is a girl who is quiet, independent, and bookish, yet succeeds just as much as anyone in her life and dreams. When I read it during high school, it finally clicked with me that your personality has almost nothing to do with the extent to which you'll be happy in life (which was a much needed lesson in the face of the superficiality of my high school!)

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
The Shell Seekers, by Rosamunde Pilcher. This is such a soap-opera novel, but I love it because it's all in the UK, which is somewhat redeeming.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
Well, a book I could read over and over would be something by Shakespeare, but the book I would actually want if I was on a desert island, would be something about fire building, or scavenging for berries.

4. One book that made you laugh:
Any Place I Hang My Hat, by Susan Isaacs. This is the funniest book! It's about letting down your guard.

5. One book that made you cry:
I don't know, but I will cry if Harry Potter dies...that's a fact.

6. One book that you wish had been written:
A better sequal to Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea. It's sad that after all of the adventures, the rest of the books were like Little House on the Prairie.

7. One book that you wish you had never read:
A Goosebumps book I started in 5th grade. It described someone getting shot in the head, and I swear, it haunted me for years. I won't go near those in the library at school:)

8. One book you’re currently reading:
The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama. He may have not presented a lot of concrete plans for the future, but his morals and attitude could do so much for the country. And I much appreciated his chapter about improving education by peer-evaluation and competitive compensation!

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
hmm...does anyone have any recommendations?

No comments: