Thursday, January 13, 2005

Since I have to wait another hour and 45 minutes in case the UPS man shows up...

1. First grade teacher's name: Mrs. Romig
2. Last person you kissed: hmm...I don't remember his name ;)
3. Last word you said: "Yeah, right" when I saw a $350 purse on ebay
4. Last song you sang: "Fernando" by ABBA
5. Last person you hugged: My baby cousin Sasha
6. Last thing you laughed at: My dad, saying that he mistranslated the quote on his mosaic...it's funny because it would only happen to my dad
7. Last time you said 'I love you': To my mom, on the phone yesterday
8. What's in your CD player: Oh weird. I completely just realized that I don't have a cd player anymore...everything's on itunes
9. What socks are you wearing: none
10. What's under your bed: suitcases
12. Current taste: bleu cheese and spinach (I really want to brush my teeth!)
13. Current hair style: pony tail
14. Current clothes: peach lace shirt and jeans
15. Current Job: Graduate student, student teacher in a high school class
16. Current longing: An enlightened, intelligent man
17. Current desktop picture: Jon Stewart in front of an American flag
18. Current worry: That I won't get a job for September, that I'll be stuck in the suburbs
19. Current hate: how cold it is in Minnesota
20. Story behind your username: I wanted it to be my name and a flower. I don't know if "rosy" is even a word. Lots of people think it means "ros" and "nic," with the Spanish "y."
21. Current favorite article of clothing: Red satin dress I bought for $2. It just needs a new zipper.
22. Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex: Eyes/smile
23. Last CD that you bought: I haven't bought a cd in so long. I bought the entire album by The Killers on itunes last week.
24. Favorite place to be: In the world? On the steps by the Seine, reading a book and eating a sugar crepe.
25. Least favorite place: Anywhere that I don't feel safe
26. Time you wake up in the morning: Now that I'm student teaching far away: 5:30am
27. If you could play a new instrument, what would it be? Violin. I have a cheap one, but it sounds too horrible for me to practice.
28. When was the last time you surprised yourself: This week...I'm been more motivated to run than I thought I would be.
29. Current favorite word/saying: sketchy. It's still my favorite New Englandism and now my parents use it too.
30. Favorite books: I love Harry Potter...they're not intellectual, but just so creative and interconnected.
31. Favorite Movies: Life is Beautiful, Cinema Paradiso, Amelie, You Can Count on Me, In America, Rebecca
32. Favorite Songs: Right now, "All These Things I've Done" by The Killers. I also love "The Last Laugh of the Laughter" by Travis.
33. Favorite Artists: Paul Klee. I saw his biggest collection in Bern when I was there. His artwork always looks so innocent and childlike, but it's purposeful.
34. One person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to: Jim, my high school crush. I know he knew...he's a math genius now.
35. Favorite day: I don't know. My least favorite day is Sunday (except for church).
36. Where do you want to go: Guadelajara
37. What is your career going to be like: Hopefully inspiring! and beneficial to my students.
38. How many kids do you want: one or two. I've experienced life with my three cousins and I don't think it works when children outnumber parents, unless you have so many kids that they can pay attention to each other:)
39. What kind of car will you have: I don't really care. But I do covet my neighbors burgundy passat!

Yay! I just got two packages and now I can leave the apartment!

40. Type a line you remember from any book: Let me be something every minute of my life...let me be cold; let me be warm. Let me be hungry...have too much to eat. Let me be ragged or well dressed. Let me be sincere- be deceitful. Let me be truthful; let me be a liar. Let me be honorable and let me sin. Only let me be something every blessed minute. And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost.
From A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
41. A random lyric: It's the last laugh of the laughter, sur la ternier page du chapitre.
42. Eye Color: blue, with a ring of orange
43. Hair Color: dark brown. I also have way too many gray hairs for my age.
44. Righty or Lefty: righty
45. Zodiac Sign: pisces...I fit all of the characteristics too, even though I don't believe in astrology.
46.Innie or Outtie: innie
DESCRIBE...
47. Your heritage: 1/4 Russian, 1/4 Polish, 1/2 anglo-mix
48. The shoes you wore today: I haven't been outside yet (isn't that terrible?! It's 12:44).
49. Your hair: Long and very matted/frizzy/curly if I don't do something with it (like in the Princess Diaries, if you've seen that). So I always curl or straighten it.
50. Your weakness: lindt chocolate
51. Your fears: I don't want to dwell on them
52. One thing you'd like to achieve: Happy children
WHAT IS...
53. Your most recent secret: That Michael Phelps lives right near my parents now. I wasn't allowed to tell unless he purchased the town house, which he did...now it's time to take over a welcome basket!
54. Your thoughts first waking up: I say "1,2,3" and then sit right up! Otherwise I'll never get out of bed.
55. The first feature you notice in the opposite sex: Eyes/smile
56. Your bedtime: 11pm
57. Your most missed companion: My brother...he was here over all of vacation
58. Your perfect pizza: Cheese, feta, and artichokes
59. Sweet and Chewy or Salty and Crunchy: Always salty and crunchy
60. Single or group dates: single
61. Dogs or Cats: cats, but I've never had a dog
62. Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: I have never compared them. I love Twining's Earl Grey! It's the best tea in the world!
63. Chocolate or vanilla: It depends on my mood.
64. Cappuccino or Drip: cappuccino
DO YOU...
65. Smoke: no, never.
66. Curse: I have been more, since my friends do and I pick it up accidentally.
67. Sing: When I'm alone
68. Take a shower everyday: No, my hair is too much work for that
69. Have a crush: No
71. Think you've been in love: maybe...but onesided love can never feel completely real, I don't think
72. Want to go to college: Not anymore! I'm sick of school
73. Want more than what you've got: I think everyone in America does...otherwise you'd never buy anything
74. Want to get married: yes
75. Type w/ your fingers on the right keys: yes
76. Think you're attractive: That depends on my mood.
77. Think you're a health freak: Not at all
78. Get along with your parents: Yes. They are unique, to say the least
79. Play an instrument: A little piano
IN THE PAST 3 MONTHS, DID YOU OR HAVE ...
80. Drink alcohol: yes, and I actually found a beer (other than Corona) that I like- Leinie Honeyweiss
81. Smoke: No
82. Done a drug: No
83. Made Out: No
84. Go on a date: No, I've been in school- there wasn't really time
85. Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No...is that a common thing?
86. Eaten sushi: Yes! I love it. Especially salmon sashimi
87. Been dumped: no
88. Made homemade cookies: Yep
89. Been in love: No
90. Gone skinny dipping: no
91. Dyed your hair: No
92. Stolen anything: No
HAVE YOU EVER...
93. Had too much to drink: That depends on what "too much" means. One glass of anything makes me tipsy/makes me act more outgoing, but I've never had a hangover or thrown up.
94. Been caught cheating: I've never cheated
95. Been called a tease: No
96. Gotten beaten up: No
97. Changed who you were to fit in: Yes, in my horrendous suburban Michigan high school. I changed my hair, clothes, studying habits, etc. Luckily, I got to leave after three years!
98. Cried at something beautiful: Yes...every Sunday watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Although, that show is getting too maudlin and I think I'm going to give up the habit.
99. Spent too much money on something you didn't need: Oh my gosh, yes. One example: I bought a faux Dior purse on the streets of Venice for $40.
100. Cried when someone died: yes
101. Been so angry you cried: Yes
101. Lied for attention: Yes, not about anything important, though.
GENERAL INFO...
103. My name is: Nicole
104. Height: 5'3"
105, Favorite toe: none...my toes aren't cute
106. In the morning I am: all business
107. All I need is: kindness
108. Love is: surrender
109. If I could see one person right now: I don't know
110. Shoe size: 7 1/2

Okay...now, time to see what's in my packages!


No comments: