Saturday, August 20, 2005

This week has been like a roller-coaster!
On Friday, I was so excited: I had met with a principal on Thursday, he was enthusiastic to meet with me again, and he told me that he would be hiring in the next few days! I spent all morning filling out my final licensure application materials at the Ed. Dept. office, then turned it in at the Department of Education, then turned in my St. Paul applications. Each hour I called the principal, but he was never in his office. I finally got in touch with him at 4pm and he told me that he had to hire someone with experience.


That meant that "the plan" started. Since I couldn't find a job, after a summer of applications, interviews, and continuous phone calls, I will be moving in with my aunts and substituting so that I can pay back my loans. I need to pack up everything and put most of my books and furniture in storage. Sigh.


So Friday night I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown because I was so mad about my lack of job, prospects, apartment, and impending subbing. But I went to see a movie with my aunt and grandparents. On the way, I saw a guy I was supposed to be set up with on a date. After the movie, when we got back to my car, the keys were on my seat. Honestly! It was a bad luck marathon! When we got back to my Aunts' house, the dog had escaped from the backyard, so we had to run around the neighborhood yelling.

After all of that, I couldn't stop laughing- there was nothing else left to do:) I know that everything will get better soon!



No comments: