Thursday, August 25, 2005

Yay! I got a job!! :)

Right now I'm lying in bed wide awake at 2:19am. I'm so nervous about my first day tomorrow (actually today). I'm afraid they'll take one look at me and say "Oh my gosh. You look like you're 16 and obviously are WAY too immature to be a real teacher. Take your scented markers with you on your way out." I just can't believe I got an actual teaching job after all that hard work this summer. I wish I had a second to relax and enjoy it! Humbug to starting work the day after you're hired.

I've also realized that I have extreme-relationship-overanalyzation syndrome. I had a crush and just recently realized that he doesn't really like me as much as he seems to always need people around. Why oh why do I work myself up about everything? I went to a Twin's game tonight instead of mentally prepping myself, which I now think I should have done instead.

I feel like God was watching over me in this job searching nightmere. Somehow I kept hoping that I would eventually find a position and now I have one that is perfect, safe, well-paid. I hope I can meet the needs of my students and fufill my duties in the school, to take advantage of this amazing opportunity.

Quick cute story: my cousin Weezie (5 years old) asked today what she should call me now that I'm a teacher. I had to pause and look away so I wouldn't laugh, before telling her that she can still call me Nicole.

1 comment:

Katty said...

Congrats on the new job, Nicole!!