Saturday, February 11, 2006

A few quick responses:
*I know, isn't licorice horrible? I can't stand it! That's why it's up there with cheating. *I think it would be special to drink soda with a red vines straw, but only because those aren't really licorice, so maybe that's not what you mean. Real licorice is like eating sweet dirt, but different... in a bad way! *You would pay to see me in a roller derby league? Could I trade you that for helping me with my taxes? :)

Saturday
I spent all morning, and most of yesterday with the nas
tiest migraine. Whenever I moved my head, it would bang against my left temple. I had to close my eyes and hold my head every time I stood up at school all day...it scared my students! And it drives me crazy because I wanted to get so much done today!! I spent all morning trying to make it go away (mostly with lots of Red Bull) but it finally took a nap to stop it. Finally! Then I spent all afternoon rearranging my apartment, which is fun and scary at the same time...why do I like moving furniture around so much? I actually made a little scale plan to fit in my new IKEA carpet and wardrobe. It looks quite snug now (pictures below).

I just finished reading "Leap of Faith," by Queen Noor of Jordan. It was so interesting to read about how an
American could assimilate to a Middle-Eastern culture and help lead a country to more stability and equality. I told my grandma that one of the Princes of Jordan was handsome (in the photos in the book) and she panicked a bit. Honestly, abuela: I'm Episcopalian and live in Minnesota, so the chances are more than slim. Although my LOVE of hommous and pita might improve the odds a bit. And I know how to say, "did you need to go to the hospital?" in Arabic, since I had fun figuring that out on Thursday- my Jordanian student was confused by my brace:)

Here's my new
living room:

My crowded fridge...










I'm running out of room for all my books!

No comments: