Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I had such a good day! I must be starting to seem quite bipolar, but I really think it depends on the stress level of everyone else in the school...we all build off each other, off the students, until it is buzzing with frustration. That sounds horrible, but we really have to interact with a lot of people and the pressure is to be consistently peppy, and it can be grating after a while.

But today was perfect: my students were well behaved, on task, and enthusiastic; it was fiesta day in the staff lounge and we had flan; and I finally met with the principal (after a cancelation) to evaluate my teaching. After working so hard this year, his comments were very generous and my most desired birthday present...plus, he checked the tiny box that guarantees me a job next year!

Tonight is my farewell to cheese. I'm giving it up for Lent and I realized that their is much more food that contains cheese than I thought in my refrigerator. Aww. I'm going to miss cheese a lot :( I'm a cheese girl...it's going to be painful.

On Sunday, I'm planning on waking up very late and then watching the red carpet commentary. Please come over for the Oscars if you want! If someone else feels like throwing a "party," I'll come, but I'm not good at sitting and just watching tv and talking about it. I usually do lots of other things (wash dishes, reorganize my shoes by color, knit, give myself cornrows, etc.) I just get antsy quickly and it usually drives people crazy. How amazing is it that John Stewart is hosting the Oscars on my birthday though? I'm so excited!

3 comments:

Unspar! said...

BIRTHDAY!! WOOOOOOO!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, for the Oscars, can Chris and I bring Oscar ballots for everybody to fill out pre-awards and bring a grand prize for the grand winner to win and call it the First Annual Blogulator Oscar Hootenanny or something to that effect?

chris said...

just a note to all nicole blog readers that do not read the blogulator: the oscar party will now be at either qualler, my or joey joe joe pfeiffer's place. you are invited, even if it's not my place it ends up being. but just stay in contact with nicole and you're good to go for your oscar party sunday. AND DON'T FORGET THE MECHANICAL ARM!!