Thursday, February 02, 2006

New things I love:
*Apple Pie Snapple...I can taste the crust flavor!
*Contact paper. I can make beautiful laminated flashcards. I'm actually thinking about visiting the 3M headquarters to stock up on the latest post-it products...obsessed with school supplies much?
*Polish apple tea (Jabluszko!)
*Jon Stewart is hosting the Academy Awards on my birthday:)
*Project Runway. I remember the good ol' days, when I wanted to be a designer. I made a model platform shoe that had the word "fabulous," written in cursive, shrunk down to 10 point font (at Office Max), and repeated in a striped pattern. I got a "C." I was completely not appreciated during my time...just kidding! It was just too ugly.
*Hollywood Video's selling off all of their video tapes! I bought these yesterday:
-The Royal Tenenbaums
-Shrek
-E.T.
-Oliver & Company
-Sword and the Stone
-How the Grinch Stole Christmas
-Dumbo
I have a need to stock up on Disney movies, because they have that screwed-up "vault" policy, where they take old movies out of stores for 10 years, so they can justify having a celebration when it's reissued and then charge you $25. And Oliver & Company is one of my favorite childhood movies...Oliver is Joey Lawrence, the Dodger is Billy Joel, and the poodle is Bette Midler.
*Marmite. It's fermented yeast paste and I love it. It reminds me of Oxford, although apparently me and Adam's middle-aged mother are the only two people in England who do.

No comments: