Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Back to Work

I'm actually quite happy to be back at work...I'm amazed at how much I missed the students! They're so cute. But I hate testing. It's so boring. I had to give the State math test for the past two days, but since my students are all non-native English-speaking students, I had to read every question at least two times. It's stressful and dehydrating!

My colleagues are having a hard time accepting the fact that I'm alright. Every day, a few more people come up to me and say "I can't believe you're already here! Are you okay?" It's so nice that they're thinking of me, but a) I've been running around school for the past three days- I'm fine, and b) why did it take surgery for you to talk to me? I finally got up the courage to take off my band-aids today, which hurt because they're so strongly adhesed. It's so surreal to think that about a week ago they cut me open and put a little telescope inside me (and took something out of me).

My mom and brother are coming to visit again on Friday. I get to see Mike on Friday night, and then I'm going out to dinner at my absolute favorite restaurant, Chino Latino, on Saturday night.

No comments: