Thursday, April 13, 2006

Grr...
*bitter retail employees, who judge me on the movies I buy at Suncoast and scoff at me when I accidentally whip out my Borders card at Barnes and Noble.
*tail-gaters.
*colleagues who literally run out the door right when school's over, conveniently on every day during the week when we're supposed to label over 100 tests and make a list of every name-to-serial-number correspondence. I consequently spent 6 more hours at work this week, doing something we were all supposed to do. And now it's done.
*being alone at church during Holy Week. I don't know people well enough yet at my new church to sit "with" them...it's so lonely because I've always been a member of such amazing church communities!

I start noticing things like that when I'm tired and I am because I woke up at 5am to run- which was gorgeous, and I love it! I'm going to sleep in so late tomorrow, then go to church, then clean my apartment all day. I bought a new Easter dress, after 3 hours at the mall trying to find something affordable. It's silver silk, with one shoulder and pleats... kind of disco meets Easter :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Actually, it's too embarrassing to tell you! I just expected kindness from people who worked at a store that sold it. I guess that's too much to ask from teenagers earning minor ducets in a thankless job;)

Katty said...

happy easter!

i know what you mean about not having people to sit with. i mean, i know people at my church here but it's not the same. i just keep thinking that with time i (and you, too!) will find that kind of community again.