Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Fun Day at School
Today was really fun. I've realized that I'm only a good teacher when I'm 1. In control and 2. Having fun myself. I was altra-prepared today, so things went smoothly. For my newcomer students, who have limited vocabularies, I had them label a drawing I did of a little boy on the wall (on my fancy, new roll-up-able white board...I know, it's so amazing what they come up with at 3M!). They labeled all of his body parts, which they mostly new how to say already, but not how to spell, and then I gave them a list of somewhat random parts, like knuckles, ankles, and eyebrows. They had so much fun using my dry erase markers...although I did need to disinfect one when a boy put the entire cap in his mouth;)

My absolute favorite part of my day was when I had a small reading group with two eight year olds. They were doing air quotes, but had no idea what they meant. Well, those are an aspect of American culture, so I taught them:) They loved that it meant "*wink*, just kidding!"

No comments: