Monday, October 09, 2006

Wonderful Weekend
I had such a fun and relaxing weekend. I got to go to sleep early on Friday and actually slept in on Saturday morning. Then I went for a run on Saturday morning...I love my new, non-shin-splint-producing sneakers! They are like super leprechaun green, though! Like lucky clover green. Ultra-green. It took me so long to decide whether or not to spend so much money on such crazy looking shoes, but I resolved it with the fact that I really only wear them running, and what am I, a catwalk runner? No, I think it's obnoxious when people are stylish when they work out. But still. They were so expensive. And yet, because of them, my legs are feeling so much better!

Anyway, after the run, I went and bought my "family" dinner ingredients, including 5 lbs. of chicken legs. Then I came home and crazily cleaned and cooked. I messed up the recipe and had to add extra chicken stock in place of wine, which made the Ragu taste like chicken noodle soup, but oh well. "Family" dinner was so much fun! My friends are so funny and nice, (and not likely to suddenly cut me out, like in high school). And one of them is such a good sport;) Stella's fish restaurant is the best place for drinks in Uptown, apparently.

On Sunday, I went to chuch with Weezer, which is always amusing. The sermon was semi-inappropriate for kids (about divorce, adultery, etc.) so I distracted her by making charts of all the needs of her pets:) Then I visited one of my colleagues who recently had major surgery, and she's getting better and gave us all pumpkin cheesecake! I usually hate cheesecake, because I believe that cheese should never be sweet, but it was really delicious. Then I came home and sat around for a while trying to work (while watching Jerry Maguire, which never works, because I tell myself I'll wait until the next catch phrase and then start, and that movie's ALL catch phrases!). So I went for a run (which was awesome...I did all four miles at my running pace b/c of the magic green sneakers!) And then I was high from endorphines and decided to do dishes for fun, while watching that Tom Hanks movie about the island. That makes my life sound somewhat lame, but apparently no. My dating stories are quite fascinating to other teachers in the staff lounge. They're easily amused;)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

My snazzy green shoes are Asics Gel Nimbus. They made a complete difference in my shin splints...one day I couldn't even jog and the first day I wore them there was no pain at all! Quite expensive (for me) but sooo worth it. Good luck!