Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tales of a spoiled, little rich girl
I saw Marie Antoinette last night. It made me so angry! The whole thing was about the boredom that comes with having all the money in the world and no responsibilities. Well, right now I have very little sympathy for that:) I read in an article that all of Sophia Coppola's characters are based on her life, because she had all the resources she needed as Francis Ford Coppola's daughter, but had no idea what to do with them. So she got to take a long time to decide, and make three movies with her connections, all of them about girls who have no obligations and spend most of their time bored and restless. I am much more interested in stories of how people overcome actual obstacles.

This weekend has been incredibly stressful: I put on a deposit on a new apartment, but the financial burden of breaking my lease at my current apartment (due to the resurgence of the insects), will be really difficult. Work is crazy, because I have way too many students, and four who are spread out in different classes who don't speak English. This week is parent-teacher conferences, which means I'll be spending a ton of time at school! My shin splints are healing, I hope, but I still haven't been able to find any good pilates classes. I missed a few this week due to unforseen circumstances, and then the rest were cancelled. I'm going to try to go for a really slow, long run this morning because I need the endorphines so badly! And then I'm going to come back to my infested, little apartment and speedily plan for the entire school week, and start packing, since I'll tentatively be moving in two weeks (on Thursday, November 9th). I'm worried because my new apartment has very little view, and it's further away from Uptown, which my goal was actually to be closer to. I wish I had the indulgence of unlimited resources, the money to get a better place, the time to wait for nice apartments to come on the market, etc., because believe me, I would not feel lost and without purpose!

No comments: