Thursday, June 17, 2004

More studying...yuck.
I started graduate school on Monday and so far it's pretty repetitive. I swear, one class in second language acquisition was enough! It's a joke with my family that I always end up hating everything I learn about the field I'm going into- I don't like Spanish Literature or music very much, and I hate cilantro:). But the reason that I don't like learning about second language acquistion in that I'm not studying for the scientific aspects; I just want to help children learn, especially those who always seemed to be overlooked. For everyone who reads this, please pity me a little bit, because I have class from 7:55am-4:30 every day except Friday- I really miss 5-day weekends.

On the other hand, I love living here because I can hug my baby cousins all the time! They're one year-old twins, a boy and a girl. I'm going to see if I can teach them sign language so they can communicate before they have the oral skills to speak.

Tomorrow, my entire extended family on my mother's side are going to Door County Wisconsin for our week-long family reunion. sigh.

ps-I saw the golden gopher mascot waiting for an elevator yesterday. Maybe it's a sign of good things to come!:)

No comments: