Thursday, June 24, 2004

whew! This week was so much work! I woke up this morning at 5am to write a "personal choice question" for Education and Human Development. The funny thing is that it's really easy so far. So good news all you graduates- Wash U does prepare you for graduate school! I'm kind of sick of my schedule though...it reminds me of high school because I have the same classes every day with all the same people and we actually do the questions in our textbook at the end of each chapter! My pdq assignment was to choose one of the Minnesota Standards for Teaching and write a question about it. Well, as proof of my awesome undergrad education, I couldn't figure out what that meant for the longest time. I thought maybe it was a test of how creative we could be in analyzing the nuances of the concept. The standards are like "Teachers must listen and give feedback to students," etc. So I actually emailed the TA and she just told me to write a question! Finally, I chose standard 6.M: "the teacher must understand the culture and community of the students." My question was: "Why must the teacher understand the culture and community of the students." See how much like high school this is? When I turned in my last assignment with a footnote, the TA wrote "Excellent!!!" next to it. So this time I used 6. I'm sure it's going to get a lot harder soon though. Anyway, I'm in such a good mood because it's Thursday and I don't have class for three days! Tonight I'm going to go for a long walk with the dogs, then organize my aunt's refrigerator (which I'm really excited about because I can't stand how messy it is), and I'm going to sleep in tomorrow morning, do homework all day, then go see Farenheit 9/11 at the Mall of America! BTW, will someone please listen to Keane and tell me how it's so amazing! I need someone else in the world to have heard about them so I don't seem super-crazy.

No comments: