Thursday, June 10, 2004

My life is like a whirlwind...
My brother graduated from high school on Saturday, my family moved into our new house on Monday, and now I'm living at my Aunt's house in Minneapolis until I move into my own apartment on July 4th. Oh, and this monday graduate school starts!!
I think that this is the first time that I've been ready to leave my parents...as most people realized, I really wasn't ready when I went away to Washington University. I cried last night because I won't see my dad until September, but I think that maybe I was just so stressed out from this week. In every other respect, I'm so excited: my apartment looks nice (at least from the outside), I have intensive classes starting in a subject I'm actually interested in, and I get to see my cousins so much more!
So many people I know are doing amazing things right now too, so I can always bring myself down to Earth when I feel overwhelmed.
Anyway, I wanted to describe my parents' new house, because it's such an ironic move. Their first house (with me) was a gross, roach-infested, married-student apartment in Ann Arbor. Now 22 years later, when their youngest child is going away to college, they live in a five story townhouse on mainstreet! It's the most incredible location for a house in Ann Arbor and it's beautiful. Their are 7 flights of stairs (not floors, though) and they're actually hiring an interior decorator. I'm so happy for them and I hope that they have fun when John leaves, since it will be only the 10th month they'll have spent married without kids:)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks! Classes start tomorrow, but after all of the chaos of the past few weeks- graduation, moving out, moving my parents, and my brother's graduation- I'm excited for the structure of classes. Where have you been traveling?

Nicole said...

Thanks, David! Today was my second day and I really miss Wash U: classes start at 7:55am and I have a 40 minutes bus ride both ways. Say hi to everyone for me.

Laurie said...

Hey Nicole! I hope classes are going well so far. I wish I could see "your" new house... it sounds awesome! I like your blog's new look too!