Sunday, June 20, 2004

You know that feeling of complete frustration and lack of control? I'm feeling it so much this weekend. It's making me so depressed that all of my family is on our reunion without me, and that feeling is compounded by the fact that I'm living alone in a city where I don't know anyone. Additionally, I'm dog-sitter for the most obnoxious and out of control black lab in the world! Grr. His name is Jack and he has to be crated all the time when he's in the house or he sprints around, eating or breaking things and knocking me down (he literally knocked me on my back and jumped on top of me yesterday). He also eats all of the other dog's food, which means he's eaten 2 kidney pills already today and I don't know what to do about that. I hate being away from my family when they're in such perfect memory-making mode; the last time we had a family reunion it started so many catch-phrases and was such a blast, and this time I'm the only one not there. OMG, I know I'm such a whiner, but I feel so desperately deserted with psycho-dog. So, I'm going to go work at Caribou coffee. Does anyone have advice about missing out? Oh, and I called my dad to wish him happy father's day and my mom had given him a present without telling me, so I had no idea when he thanked me for it. So he said, "Well, it's the thought that counts" sarcastically, which makes me feel like such a horrible daughter.

1 comment:

Katy said...

hey nicole~just thought i'd say hi since i haven't talked to you in a while...don't let that dog push you around! even though you're not there, i bet your family all misses you alot - we do here in st. louis! drop me an email or something and let me know how you're doing! hope to hear from you soon if you have time! katylubo@hotmail.com. have a good weekend and brace yourself next time the dog gets out of the cage!