Wednesday, October 19, 2005

After leaving school and spending a few hours doing something mindless, I feel so much better! Everything can seem so overwhelming sometimes, especially when I overextend my impact as a teacher in my mind and picture my little students smoking behind the high school in 6 years because I didn't have the sense or time to teach long vowel sounds this week. Some of my students are already showing signs of the attitude that I saw when I was student teaching in high school. Argh. My goal (um, number 154), is to stop the apathy and academic rejection from happening.

Since this blog makes it seem like I have no life outside of school, which is completely not true, here are 5 things I've done this week that are not related to my job:
1. I fogged my bedroom to get rid of the centipedes that were crawling on me in my sleep.
2. I saw Elizabethtown because I had to do something senseless after school today and didn't have the energy to go for a run. It could have been so good if Kirsten Dunst wasn't in it and there was a lot less soundtrack.
3. Hmm...I started sleeping in my living room (see #1).
4. Chipotle for dinner on Tuesday night...I love it! My favorite is chicken, guacamole, and cheese.
5. I finally hung my José Guadalupe Posada Aguilar poster from the Mexican Fine Arts Center. It's so very Pedro Páramo.

Well, I have four days off now, so I'm going to make up for lost time :)

No comments: