Saturday, October 01, 2005

Le sigh. I was in such a complaining mood yesterday.

Honestly, I'm so lucky. I have the energy and health to see all my school issues as challenges and work to overcome them.

So I'm going to reduce my anger to one, non-professionally-related idea: if one more person tells me "Well, you're going to have no life during your first year of teaching...no one does," I'm going to go home, bake some messy, gooey pies, and throw them at that person:) When people are in a bad, semi-discouraging situation, telling them that a lot of people are in the same boat (i.e. that I should expect this to be a 24/7 job) is so not helpful. Please, please, please, could someone give me advice that would actually help me to deal with all the pressure of my first job, instead of just commiserating? I'm sure that people I know actually have so much wisdom to share. And I am determined to be a good teacher while simultaneously continuing life outside of school. And by "life," I'll be happy with just being able to run a little each day...the lakes are soooo beautiful this time of year and I'm in love with my ipod (and InXS). There has to be a way to make it all balance:)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

WTF. How did I get on a computa-marketer comment list?? I've been asking them all to stop...where would they get my address?

Katty said...

turn on the blogger word verification tool, it helps stop it... at least, it did for me. Animo :-)