Saturday, October 29, 2005

On my mind this weekend:
...the quote from Trent Lott, saying that Bush should find a qualfied "man, woman, or minority" to appoint to the court. It infuriates me that that idea was stated by an elected official, in Washington D.C., the same week that Rosa Parks died. But I'm so glad that she's going to be honored in the capitol.
...Halloween: pagan devil-worshipping or intrinsic part of American culture? Shouldn't I explain to non-English speakers why everyone is wearing costumes...or is that breaching the divide between church and state?
...Jess/Amy's costume party. I'm going as a stood-up prom date, pretty much just so I can wear my homecoming dress again. I love it! But I'm also going to have mascara streaks running down my face to show some effort.
...my principal's observation on Tuesday. I MUST be prepared...Sunday and Monday all-nighters, maybe?
...my favorite song right now, "Tired of Being Sorry" by Ringside. I love the acoustic guitar in the beginning.
...a three-day work week. The Teachers's Union read my mind.
...John McCain. Would I vote for him in 2008? I'm leaning towards yes, unless Barack Obama is running. This was a constant topic of conversation with my grandparents for the past two days. I brought up the Trent Lott quote just to bother them. Then they shunned Heinz ketchup at breakfast just to bother me. It's a little partisan game we like to play:)
...my favorite flowers are lilacs. I've decided that's my official answer.

No comments: