Monday, June 19, 2006

4 happy notes and a sad one

Did you know that at the Byerly's in St. Louis Park they have a conveyer belt, like for luggage at the airport, that transports your groceries underground to a convenient place where sweet, eager teens will put it in your car for you?

My cousin Peter, who is 10, used the word commisurate today. The way he used it was correct. It seems miraculous to me to hear kids understand and use words like that!

My parents are finally home. They apparently brought me back something "real nice" from Vienna...I hope it's some schnitzel, because I've always wondered what that was (from the Sound of Music song).

Somehow one side of my family lost hope in one member and are shunning this person. I'm ashamed that it came to this; rumors, revenge, and a generally passive-aggressive attitude that leaves everyone confused and with aching pain.

No comments: