Thursday, June 22, 2006

Adventures in wildlife rescue
This morning, I started out on my run and just when I was turning the corner, I heard a cheeping sound. A little baby duck run right past me and under a parked car! There were some phone repairmen nearby and they helped me to catch it. Cutest little duck ever! I was impressed at how fast it could run with its little flippered feat...I've tried running in flippers and it's really hard, so I can just imagine;) I had no idea what to do with a tiny little duck, so I carried it into the First Universalist Church and asked them to call animal rescue. Apparently, they don't rescue animals. And then the Humane Society never called back. So the last option was to drive it to the Animal Rehabilitation Center in a box. Getting extremely lost in St. Paul is even more frustrating when you have an animal quacking at you. So I dropped her off- they told me she's a mallard- and I told them that her name is Molly Ringwald, which was what I called her all morning...since she's a girl, she couldn't be Duckie (haha).

No comments: