Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I found a way to psych myself up (politically)...Listen to the speech by Barack Obama from the Democratic National Convention! It's just too easy to become apathetic, especially since both candidates are now flip-flopping AND my grandma keeps calling me and telling me that I need to "make up my own mind" and "not just vote the way my parents do." Bottom line: she wants me to vote Republican. Good grief. My parents have never indoctrined me with set ideals. But I bought the speech from itunes and now I can listen to it whenever I need a political boost!

My parents and my brother arrive tomorrow to deliver John to St. Olafs. Some alums who are in my Masters program have explained that "dry campus" actually means "very-very-wet, but-secretive-about-it campus." I have to keep reminding myself that he's no longer the little boy who labeled everything in our house with permenant markers!

ps-Is anyone else watching (or did anyone watch) Zell Miller's speech at the RNC? Wowza..."He's not a slick talker but he's a straight shooter." I hope no one votes based on that trait! I finally looked up John Kerry's voting on the $87 million for troops, and he didn't flip flop at all. The president made last minute changes which Kerry had said he wouldn't support. This all makes me so heated up. It's time for orange sherbet.

No comments: