Saturday, September 11, 2004

Yesterday I went on a shopping blitz through the Mall of America. I love it! There are over 400 stores and they're grouped by type. I bought the best pair of pants in the world at Rampage- they honestly feel like pajamas. Then I bought another at New York and Co. and a floral button-down shirt, a long brown skirt, a pink sweater, a fall jacket, and a gray pair of pants at Old Navy. My credit card is still hot... I must stop this.

After I finished one lap of the mall (which is about a mile), I went to see "Cellular." It's so good! Definitely a must-see popcorn movie...especially the scene in the cell phone store; that is completely something I would do (if, hypothetically, I ever use a gun to hold someone up).

Anyway, I had volunteered to do literature distribution today for Lydia Lee, who's running for school board in Minneapolis. Well, I arrived at the pick-up site at 10am this morning (after spending an hour desperately trying to get to Arthur Ave. NE, which deadends THREE times as you drive north) and they handed me literature about Diane Loeffler, who's running for State Rep. I was like, "hmm...I'm here to help Lydia Lee," and the woman giving me the literature said, "Well, I'm Diane Loeffler, thanks for helping." I was so duped into this and since I'm a pushover (or maybe charitable?), I did it anyway. It was a workout! 10 blocks where all the houses had at least 10 steps leading up to the front door, in the burning sun! I hope Diane Loeffler is actually a good candidate, because I had never heard about her until today. Actually, I don't even know what Lydia Lee supports: Scott Dibble, who I originally wanted to help run for State Senate, told me to volunteer for her. And people wonder why my age group is cynical about politicians! Though, I guess I can understand why politicians assume that their constituents are stupid and not paying attention to issues:)

**Challenge of the Day**
Please post your favorite joke(s)! I can never remember any (except the "na-CHO cheese" one) and I know that some ECM people know some good ones...remember the IHOP fat tuesday dinner? John, will you post some of yours too?

No comments: