Wednesday, September 15, 2004

So it turns out that my brother is a joiner. I really didn't expect this at all! He called me back this evening and it was just like the phone call that Bridget Jones pretends to have.

Me: Hi, John.
John: Hahahaha. Oh, hi.
Me: What are you laughing about?
John: (Muffled talking. Room erupts in laughter). What?
Nicole: It's me! (yelling) Your sister!
John: Oh...hey! Yeah, I have to go. We're giving a girl pie for her birthday, then we've got to plan our radio show.
Nicole: You're doing a radio show?
John: Yeah. (Muffled talking) Um...yeah, me and two girls. It's like "John and his girls."
Nicole: Are you okay?
John: Yeah, okay, I've got to go...(Room erupts in laughter again).
Nicole: Okay, I love you, but you don't have to say it back (jokingly).
John: Haha. Yeah. Bye.

I can't believe that was my little brother! He's like a puppy off his leash. Apparently the nights of staying home with my parents and watching Masterpiece Theater was all a farce. He's now a ladies' man with a radio show and a dorm room full of people who laugh at everything he says. I was absolutely not prepared for him to be so happy and adjusted after two weeks. I was so worried, apparently for no reason at all.

Oooh, today I discovered that all lectures at the alumni center are catered by a gourmet italian restaurant and everything's free. I may just have to start going to lectures more often. Like every day after class.

No comments: