Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Mid-week update with Nicole:

-My dad finished his mosaic commemorating the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Dietrich Bonhoeffer. He said that the grouting made all the difference and my mom is going to allow it to be displayed in the house. If you can tell me something more bizarre than that, I'll send you a postcard from Minnesota.

-My 40-something page paper was due on Tuesday. Right now it looks like I'll be done by Monday.

-My hair is grows freakishly fast. Honestly. I died it auburn less than two weeks ago and my roots are already a centimeter long.

-Is a computer program like Flash really a timesaver in teaching? I propose not, since it will take me years to understand why I can delete everything by touching one button (and to remember which button that is).

-I'm going to a national conference next week in Texas. I keep forgetting! I get to miss three days of class AND I will get tons of free books on ESL. I hope I can also, somehow, get a tan and meet a cowboy.

-The days of Starbucks are back. I spent five hours there today...it reminded me of college days;)

-I'm really tired of the news cycle right now. It's like a double scoop of depression. Can we please have some debate about a positive issue? Here's the topic: which political party can cure cancer first?

-I'm addicted to Lindt truffles.

-I'm semi-ashamed to say that I've been watching American Idol while I study. The singers are so good, though! I'm partial to Anthony and Nadia. The girl from the farm is so toothpaste commercial.

-If you read this and you happen to see a job listing for an elementary ESL teacher in your area, please tell me. I'm open to moving anywhere! And I'm a girl who needs options.

No comments: