Monday, March 21, 2005

So this week it became obvious to me that my family solves a disaster with comfort food. I had three nights of Easter-sized meals that left me feeling incredible carbed (my new verb) and lazy. And guess what? I have a 40 page paper due tomorrow! It's such a good thing that I asked for an extension until Friday because I've only written 5 pages so far. But, I could definitely pull something like that off when I was at Wash U, so why am I worrying, right? Well, this (graduate school) feels just a little bit more professional and, yikes, important to my future. So I'm nervous. I rented all of season 3 of the West Wing because I can't work in silence or with music. If I do that, I get completely up in my head and have a semi-nervous/existential crisis like those I had at Starbucks last year (some of you guys were there...it wasn't pretty and I was spending hundreds on frappucchinos). Anyway, season three is sooo good. I'm just feeling kind of sick of school. I mean, I haven't lived real-life yet. I can't believe that my mom and dad both stayed in school until they were 30- that's crazy! At least I'll be done this summer. I'm thinking about getting a job in the East, like New York State or New England. I miss quaint colonial references, clapboard houses, the ocean, and the quiet social reservation. The Midwest really feels isolating sometimes because we're so stuck in the middle of all of the land.

No comments: